Aromatic Garlic is loved by everyone. People of all the age groups like to eat garlic in their food. A small pinch of garlic is enough to make your food aromatic. But do you know about the medicinal properties and importance of garlic in keeping you healthy?
Yes, Garlic can help you in getting rid of many diseases and can make your future health. Some of the health care professionals advise chewing raw garlic too at times. As it helps in curing day to day issues related to your health. Let’s know more about Garlic:
Garlic belongs to the Allium family which has the onions as the main category. Due to its deliciousness and aromatic properties, they are grown in various part of the world. And serves as an active ingredient in cooking.
The Garlic looks like a white bulb having 10 to 12 segments which are called cloves. The garlic said to have made up of a compound named as Allicin which is responsible for the smell and other health effects. They can be chewed raw or you can intake them with food.
Garlic is very low in calories, but is quite rich in Magnesium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6. If we compare the nutritional value of the garlic in the terms of Recommended dietary allowances (RDA). Then the results are stated below:
- Manganese: 23 percentage of RDA is present in garlic.
- Vitamin B6: 17 percentage of RDA is said to be found in any bulb of garlic.
- Vitamin C: 15 percentage of RDA is found in garlic.
- Selenium constitutes about 6% of the RDA while fibers come about to 0.6 gram.
Let’s have a look at the various medicinal effects of Garlic:
- Reduce the common cold and build up your immunity: Almost everyone gets affected with the common cold at times. It happens due to infection and if your immunity level is quite low. Garlic, on the other hand, helps you in building your immunity level by just chewing 2 to 3 cloves in a day. You can also have the garlic through tea and can add ginger and honey for the taste too. And it also boosts your metabolism and makes you stronger to fight various infections and diseases.
- Garlic can help you in prevention from various cardiovascular diseases too: Diseases related to the heart have always been quite troublesome. Due to the presence of Allicin which acts as an antioxidant, garlic can help you in lowering down your cholesterol level. Do remember that Allicin can lose its properties if you cook it. So, try to use to consume it in a raw form.
- Garlic can help in Cancer Prevention: Garlic has been quite helpful in Colorectal cancer and has prevented many people by making them strong and building their immunity levels. Daily consumption of garlic is co-related with the cancer infection.
- Garlic can help you in live a healthy life: Garlic helps in controlling the blood pressure. It fights effectively with infectious diseases which in turn helps you in living long and a healthy life